Wednesday 28 March 2012

Deep Cleaning

28th March 2012 Wednesday


Spring cleaning with a friend is so much more fun than doing it alone. Especially when you stop for cups of tea and a flapjack or two. And you can get to quite deep emotional stuff while you are scraping away at black grease inside your oven and she is standing on a stool dusting the picture frames......


.......like noticing the needy little girl inside me who wants to scream - what about me?


And all this time I thought it was my husband’s needy little boy inside him that I was resisting.


If I listened to her and let her have her three year old tantrum till she was tired of it, and realised she was loved anyway, then I could open my arms and my heart a bit wider to my husband. They say the car is a good place to do your screaming......


And tonight I’m so grateful for my sparkling, dust free kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment