Wednesday 22 February 2012

Shrove Wednesday

22nd February 2012 Wednesday


I just had a spat with my husband. I made him wrong about putting up shelves. Said he wasn’t any good at it. But he’d say that was a matter of opinion. I need to apologise but I’m still feeling cross. A Course in Miracles says,


All anger is nothing more than an attempt to make someone feel guilty.


I’m probably feeling angry about lots of other, bigger things but it just leaks out into the little things instead.


When we arrived at the cinema tonight to seeThe Artist, it was booked up except for the first two rows - which I don’t see the point of sitting in, getting neck ache. So we went home - feeling like when the person next to you unwraps the last prize in pass-the-parcel.


I forgot it was Shrove Tuesday yesterday - didn’t make pancakes. My little niece on the phone says,


Never mind you can have Shrove Wednesday instead.


I like her thinking - it’s never too late to make pancakes. I forgot about making marmalade though. I hope I haven’t left it too late and all the Seville oranges have flown off the shelves.They are only in the shops for a few weeks at this time of year.


I suppose I could make lemon marmalade instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment