Monday 19 September 2011

Celebrating Getting Wet

19th September 2011


I’m looking at our wedding photos scattered on my desk - twenty five years next week. My bouquet is pink - it matches the colour of my new husband’s shirt. My two nephews and one niece are our page boys and bridesmaid. My other niece is only just walking. She calls us ‘Bobbin and That Lady.’


On Saturday our eldest pageboy hosted our Silver Anniversary party - he now has a son of his own and his brother has just got engaged. Our bridesmaid shares the date of our wedding - her three years to our twenty five. They all come and celebrate us, remember us - my big beloved family - who sustain me like a deep underground well that never runs dry.


So when I think I am abandoning my husband by my endless busyness, when I think he’s abandoning me by losing his words - I can see the silly story I made up long ago. The one that keeps me apart from the fountain of love which is always there - if only I could remember to get wet. On Saturday my family reminded me - all day we feasted on Spanish Tapas, chocolate cake, champagne and laughing, holding the baby, holding hands - and I splashed in the water....


Last blog for a while - we are going on holiday to the high mountains of Madeira......


No comments:

Post a Comment