Monday 8 August 2011

Honey for Fear

8th August 2011 Monday


Yesterday I Googled Manuka Honey and ordered a medicinal tube - it is reputed to have wonderful healing properties for deep wounds and ulcers that won’t heal. Like the one on my leg. This morning at the clinic when my lovely nurse removes the dressing she says the hole - which turned heart shaped, and then diamond shaped as it opened up - is still a bit mucky.


I say I want to try Manuka honey.


She says, ‘Oh yes good idea, we use that here.’


And she squeezes some dark sticky goo into the cavity. Now I feel hopeful that it will clear up. So long as I keep letting out all the other gunk. I like the idea of bee sweetness as an antidote to fear and anger.


If only that could soothe all the deep wounds and burning rage in Tottenham tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment