Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Moon and the Pussy Cat

6th July 2011 Wednesday


The moon guided me home tonight along the M5 - a shining marble slice, smudged behind smokey clouds. The pussy cat was on my mind - he has been all day. I took him to the vet again this morning - I found him weak and wobbly on his feet and he moaned when I picked him up. He left a claw in the vet’s arm, and a long bleeding scratch, when she tried to examine his abdomen. If he does have pancreatitis it’s difficult to treat without being invasive. She gave him an anti sickness injection. I cooked him coley but he didn’t eat much of it.


Tonight my friend said I should prepare for him to leave - that maybe this is his time to go. She has the ashes of her pets on the mantlepiece. But I don’t think I’ll ever be ready for that. I will ring our lovely animal healer tomorrow. The pussy cat likes her. So do I. Letting go feels like a long bumpy journey - I may need more than moonlight to guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment