Thursday 14 July 2011

I Carried You

14th July 2011 Thursday


Because I’m too tired to write tonight I will tell a story I have heard before but which reminds me to be grateful for all of it.


A man who had finished his life went before God who reviewed his life and and showed him the many lessons he had learned. Then he asked the man if he had any questions.


The man said ‘ When You were showing me my life I noticed that when the times were good there were two sets of footprints and I knew You walked beside me .Why then did You desert me during the difficult times?’


God replied ‘You misinterpret, my child. It is true when the times were good I walked beside you and pointed out the way. But when times were difficult I carried you’.


Tomorrow we are going to Cornwall for two days to walk some of the coastal path at St Ives with my cousin who has prostate cancer - who is walking into an uncertain future, doing what he loves while he can - one step at a time in the sand, leaving his footprints in our hearts.




No comments:

Post a Comment