Friday 17 June 2011

The Sky Inside Me

17th June 2011 Friday


It rained endlessly today. This morning I turned on the heating to dry the sheets. This afternoon it rained on the bubble wrapped clay creatures as we carried them from the car into the big echoey barn clattering with stall holders setting out their wares.


Driving home tonight along the M5, after a sumptuous late birthday supper for my sister at the home of a dear friend, the sky was still light at 10.30 - a luminous dove grey. No stars and I couldn’t see the moon but it felt like a vast bilowing canopy above me, rolling into forever.


I’ve been thinking that there could be an overarching sky inside me - a kind of emptiness, a void - a new place to live from, beyond sadness. Where mystery could replace uncertainty. A sky that I could sprinkle with stars to help me navigate this, so far untravelled path.


No comments:

Post a Comment