Friday 6 May 2011

To BBQ or Not?

6th May 2011


I thought summer came by today - dropped in on me as I planted red geranuims and tiny viola pansies, and hot pink impatiens - the sun bearing down on my neck. Then this evening huge rain drops arrived - hammering on the plastic kitchen roof like bullets - battering the new flowers in their round pots. I watched the lighting flash from the upstairs bedroom as I was making up the bed for my elder sister coming tomorrow.


I whisked up a pale green cougette cake for her retirement celebration and cooked a sweet and sour tomato sauce all speckled with mustard seeds to go with the sausages. We may not have the BBQ in the garden though if it rains like it did tonight. Or my husband can set it up under the big green sun umbrella.......

No comments:

Post a Comment