Monday 18 April 2011

Wholehearts and Wholefoods

Monday 18th April


Day 362


Today I have been with my dear niece in London, inhabiting The Wholefoods Supermarket in High Street Kensington.We ensconsed ourselves in a high backed booth with our carefully chosen lunch which we selected from a marvellous array of fresh and bright dishes already cooked.The grilled asparagus, purple sprouting broccoli with pink peppercorns and sage were especially delectable.


We talked into the deep waters of our lives, ate bufflalo milk icecreams, wandered round the aisles packed with a wonderous display of all things edible, nourishing and delicious and drank huge cups of Earl Grey tea. I was transported back to Portland, Maine and last October when our dear friends there introduced us to this nutritious Aladin’s cave. I’ve been hankering after it ever since and was so happy to find this English replica - only few hours away on the train. And to share it with my niece who always infuses her cooking with her delicate poet’s soul.


This meeting up was also to celebrate the nearly end of my blog which I started a year ago - entirely inspired by her and her gorgeous One Hundred Days blog. She says it’s hard to start again once you stop, once you break the spider’s thread - the daily weaving. So I’m not sure what to do. I would go to bed earlier if did stop - which would make my husband happy at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment