Monday 21 March 2011

Some Things

Monday 21st March


Day 334


Some things about today.....


It’s the Spring Equinox today and the birthday of my oldest school friend who I haven’t seen for nearly twenty years. On this day I always remember her - she’s one of the links to my African childhood. Her son lives in Tokyo with his Japanese wife.


The pussy cat isn’t here - he’s staying at the cattery for four nights while we are in Edinburgh. I keep thinking I see him out of the corner of my eye, his tail whisking past the door.


My father’s washing is drying over the radiators. This afternoon he says, ‘I like it when you don’t badger me. But I’m grateful you do too - at least it means I have a mind of my own.’ I say he should wash his hair more than once a month. But he just laughs.


I eat my supper out of the pan, standing at the stove, while my husband sings in his choir.


Tonight we are dropping bombs on Libya where the moon is also full.

No comments:

Post a Comment