Wednesday 16 February 2011

Coming Home

Wednesday 16th February


Day 300 and 301


We have been away for two days in a far country - in the glamour and drama of London’s theatre land. When I open the front door the hot sweet scent of hyacinths and oriental lillies greets us. Our pussy cat pads down the stairs to say hello. The house feels cold and empty. I feel discombobulated and buzzy as if Charing Cross Road and the clapping of an audience are still humming in my veins.


Tonight I cook up three Indian curries for tomorrow’s supper - soupy coconut lentil dhal, a mild korma, chunky with potatoes, artichokes and tomatoes, a dark relish of fried aubergines and mushrooms peppered with a dollop of tomatillo chutney. So now the house is fragrant with garam masala and ginger - bringing me home to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment