Friday 31 December 2010

End of the Year

Friday 31st December


Day 254


Last night of the year. Six blog days lost. Our bed has been my restless refuge all day. I curl under the duvet in a fug of coughing and temperature. I couldn’t bear you to touch my scalp - it feels raw naked.


Nearly midnight.This year we are not staying up to count in the chimes of Big Ben. A splintering of our always tradition. Not the first change these last few days. Each time my husband searches hopelessly for a word he used to know something tightens in my belly. And fades away. Like my appetite for a New Year.


1 comment:

  1. Dearest Trish

    I'm sending love and warmth and laughter against the darkness to you both. 'There's never enough darkness to quench a single candle', said someone - Satish Kumar? Gandhi? - I don't remember, but I remember the quote.

    ReplyDelete