Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas Maze

Thursday 23rd December


Day 246


A dear friend reminds me in an email of the daily gratitude practice I started. And stopped.


Today I’m grateful for everything... for the dedicated market stall holders who still turned up in the freezing cold with their sprouts and leeks, their fresh bread and eggs, their cheeses and chickens. So we can enjoy an organic Christmas.


And I’m so grateful for the daffodil card my father gave us this morning full of his love and concern. He understands how one sentence can up-end your world forever. He ended with a quote -


“Yesterday has gone, tomorrow may never come but today is a gift which is why we call it the present’.


I’m sure I’ve heard it before, but today these few words were like a fine gold thread tied to my finger. Guiding me through my twisting Christmas maze.

No comments:

Post a Comment