Monday 25 October 2010

Speed Dieting

Monday 25th October


Day 187


Tonight I’m speed blogging. Like speed dating where you have a few minutes to get your life details across to a stranger, I only have a little time - to get to the point.


So...... in America I ate too many blueberry muffins and maple walnut ice creams. Now my jeans are tight. My husband says he wants to lose weight too. We plan a week of juicing with green vegetable soups for supper because it’s cold.


Breakfast - I cram the super duper juicer with our shed stored apples and allotment spinach, shop bought pineapple and celery. It makes two huge glasses of wake up liquid amber zinging with ginger, lime and goodness.


I make another gallon for lunch - velvet smooth with avocado - green as the Limpopo River.


By 2 pm I’m thinking about grilled salmon and mashed potatoes. And butter.


At 4 pm I eat two apples and two oat cakes and a handful of cashew nuts.


7 pm - I tip yesterday’s left over veggie dishes into a pan with water, the kitchen fills with savoury comfort smells. We eat our hot soup supper and smile.

At 10 pm my husband says ‘ A cup of tea?’


‘Yes, please.’


‘Have we got any chocolate?’


‘Yes.’


‘Shall we have some?’


‘No....yes.’


Luckily we have plenty of time to make another plan for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment