Sunday 3 October 2010

Last Entry

Sunday 3rd October


Day 165


I’ve been putting it off - writing my last entry for a while. I’ve bought myself a pretty notebook to write at least one line a day - a la Beethoven - when we are in America. I’ve noticed how it has changed me - blogging every day for 165 days. I’ve put myself on the map. A map that wasn’t there before. I’ve noticed how it’s easier now to type straight onto the computer, how my handwriting is almost illegible now. How I will miss it.


My empty echoey study will smell of fresh new paint - Dulux Apricot White - when we come back and we’ll have a new boiler humming on the wall in the kitchen. Tonight I’m tethered in limbo - not packed but already in another continent.


Now my husband is calling me to supper. He makes excellent poached eggs on toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment