Friday 24 September 2010

Quick Friday Supper

Friday 24th September


Day 156


‘I want something delicious for supper but I don’t want to cook it,’ I say to my husband in the car on our way home.


‘We’ve got lots of apples.’ he says. ‘Or a takeaway? Or cheese on toast?’


I’m not inspired by this and peer into the depths of the fridge hoping for quick deliciousness to leap out.


In the end he scrubs the potatoes and cuts up the beans. I chop the Brussel sprout tops and purple sprouting broccoli. He skins mackerel fillets and I mix up horseradish mayonnaise. We watch the end of ‘The Magnificent Seven’ while the pots boil on the stove.


A delicious Friday night after all - and cooking takes half the time if you do it together. Even if he doesn’t slice the beans quite like I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment