Tuesday 28 September 2010

Leaking

Tuesday 28th September


Day 160


Outside my window the giant poplar tree is swaying in the wind. Its leaves are turning a rusty yellow. Rain is spitting on the glass. The light is deserting the sky leaving a pale grey stain over the rooftops.


I made an early start this morning in the supermarket trawling for pineapples and avocados for my father’s ten day juice fast. Now I feel like the drained away clouds with no inclination for cooking. Or writing. Earlier, salted cashew nuts filled the gap while I cogitated about supper. Now I’m not hungry. The fridge is full of green beans and tomatoes and things that need eating up before we go on holiday.


I wonder if that lovely husband of mine has any supper inspiration since mine, like the evening light, has sadly leaked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment