Friday 17 September 2010

Just Moments

Friday 17th September


Day 148


Some random moments from my day:


An apple for breakfast - a faller, picked up from the dew on the grass, red skin chewed by earwigs, cold, crisp, juicy......


After lunch - warm lemony borlotti beans drenched in parsley and garlic - we sit on the patio step in unexpected sunshine and share a piece of chocolate banana cake.......


The aroma of tomorrow’s supper - ratatouille - roasting in the oven, floats out of the kitchen while I hack at the ivy rope clawing its way up the brick wall and into the scooped gutter of the flat roof.........


As we leave the house I remember that it doesn’t matter if we are a bit late - better that than being cross with my husband......


I help myself to another irresistible slice of courgette pie at the table of dear friends - she is the queen of crumbly melt-in-the-mouth short crust pastry - I want pastry making lessons from her.......


I rub a scented lotion, soft as whipped cream, into the cracked, stained skin around my finger tips - a sweet nurturing gift from a dear friend who whisked it up in her kitchen with oils of almond, lavender and geranium......


Listening to the rare silence of the house now I realise it's nearly midnight......




No comments:

Post a Comment