Wednesday 11 August 2010

Chocolate Washing Up

Wednesday August 11th


Day 112


Today I notice that my chocolate snobbery - dark 72% only - has feet of clay.


After lunch, including sweet, sticky, roast green tomatoes, I tackle the washing up - yesterday’s dirty pans and plates and cutlery. Usually my lovely husband takes on this task but today he has escaped into the clean air of Dartmoor, his hands in modeling clay - not bubbles.


I decide it would ease the load if I nibbled on chocolate while I washed up - but no slim, dark, foil-wrapped slab can be found lounging in the cupboard. I unearth something else - half a Terry’s Chocolate Orange (dark - 40%) in its squat bright box - left over from decorating the top of my nephew’s birthday cake last month.


I eat a segment or two, snapping them from their crumbly central post. The washing up takes a long time. After a while I notice my head aches and the box is empty.


I think we need a dish washer.


No comments:

Post a Comment