Tuesday 13 July 2010

Tuesday July 13th


Day 84


Summer has gone on sabbatical. I put the heating on, briefly, to dry damp clothes. And to take the chill from round my heart.


I’m not hungry on this cleansing juicing journey, being awash with icy rivers of pale gold and green juices, zinging with vitamins. Just empty - at a loss with no onions to fry, no salmon to grill, no rice to boil. No scent of tomatoes and garlic roasting in the oven, wafting up the stairs like will-o’-the wisp, enticing me to supper.


Then I think how easy it is to be happy - cooking or not cooking - if I flick the switch in my heart which makes them both the same. It’s just me choosing one as better than the other and getting stuck there - like a hornet beating its wings against a window open to the sky.


Now it’s nearly time to juice a beautiful pineapple.


No comments:

Post a Comment