Monday 21 June 2010

Thursday June 17th


Day 59


I’m writing this at the little square kitchen table, jumping up every now and again to stir the risotto. We have all the ingredients - except Parmesan - so I’m grating some French cheese called Cantal Entre -Deux which is nothing like Parmesan - more like a creamy Gruyere but it’s what we have. And I’ll add the chopped spinach at the end so we’ll have a one plate supper. A bowl of hot comfort.


It is a night to put the heating on and snuggle in close while the rain spatters against the windows. I want to pretend I’m not disappointed by the walk we had this evening in pine woods high up above our village. The map we were following promised us Dolmen - ancient standing stones - and views over the Cevennes. We missed the turning and ended up on a long stoney path deep in the woods going down not up the mountain. My husband said,


“Well at least we are having a walk so what does it matter?”


But I like to walk with a destination to pull me. And I wanted to get to the top. As I’m already at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment