Saturday 5 June 2010

Saturday 5th June


Day 47


Choosing ordinary moments made me happy today.


It was the day to eat the mango I’d been watching for perfect ripeness - yellow gold juice dripping down my chin at breakfast while my husband smiled at me over his marmite toast.


It was the day to hand wash jumpers and the last pair of tights at the bottom of the washing basket.

And hang them to dry in hazy sunshine, dead heading pansies on the way back to the house.


It was the day to order books from Amazon inspired by talks with my nearly birthday sister.


And the memory of last night’s supper with dear friends followed me like a perfume. We feasted at a sparkling table, the wall of glass doors rolled back so that we were enfolded in the canopied sanctuary of their garden. Like floating in a green champagne flute.


Tonight we sat in the dark cave of the cinema with still another two squares of chocolate to savour before the film started. Sometimes it’s the best moment of all.


No comments:

Post a Comment