Saturday 29 May 2010

Saturday 27th May


Day 40


Today we bought a red car with low mileage and a big boot. Good for taking stuff to the dump and the allotment. But not good for people with long legs in the back. When we took it for a test drive the salesman sat in the back - with his short legs - and told us about the ‘toys’ - the extras we don’t need. Like a sunglasses case fixed above the driver’s door. He said it has a ‘low talk’ for a diesel car.


Cars with toys that talk. I love the colour though - flame red. Like my shoes.


We celebrated with an spontaneous lunch at our favourite cafe where I never tire of the marriage of rolled thin short crust pastry and cheddar cheese. Cut with salad leaves and a sharp dressing.


On and off splattery rain put paid to my planting plans and I put a pan of floury potatoes into the oven to roast and made a mustardy lemon and parsley mayonnaise. And a vase of honey suckle flowers - rose pink claw trumpets tinged with gold, blessed with rain drops - to welcome my beloved family to the supper table.

No comments:

Post a Comment