Tuesday 27 April 2010

Tuesday April 27th


Day 8


Through the lens of my camera I focus on a swaying clump of buttery yellow tulips. They are in full hearted bloom standing a bit taller than the others which are a force field of flame and vermillion, gentian and pink. I press the button and the screen goes black. A message in red says Warning! Battery exhausted.


I already have a feast of spring garden glory captured in my camera but not to have these tulips to take home is like a broken promise. Of course they agreed to nothing. Of all the wonders these last 2 days in Cornwall that I could have recorded I chose them. And in the writing of them they may bloom a bit longer in my memory.


Now, like my camera, I need re-charging before my lovely man puts his key in the door.....


No comments:

Post a Comment